City of Wheeling Parks & Recreation
Skip to nav
Pickleball is a combination of ping pong and tennis. It is played on a surface size of a volleyball court. You play doubles with a paddle and a wiffleball. You serve a volley similar to tennis.
Facts you should know about Pickleball:
- It is available to the public in Wheeling.
- It is a great way to get exercise while having fun with friends.All ages can play.
- It is the fastest growing sport in North America.
- All equipment is provided.
- All you have to do is show up at designated times or call/text Pat @ (304)281-3486 to reserve a court.
- Lessons are mandatory prior to play.
For the 18+ age group we have a free open, drop-in clinic weekly ever Tuesday at 5:15 PM that they are welcome to attend.
We have 4 dedicated pickleball courts at Patterson Playground in Elm Grove. Simply go to the Elm Grove exit off of I70, drive past Mcdonalds Restaurant on Kruger Street, proceed down Kruger Street to a 4-way stop sign (about 1/4 mile), and then take a right turn on Sycamore Ave to the playground.
Weather permitting, we play Monday through Thursday at 6 pm and at 10 am on Saturday.